According to the Pew Research Center 65 percent of adults in the United States use social media. That is up from seven present back in 2005. Clearly social media, especially Facebook and Twitter, may be one of the best ways to increase your online presence.
More than likely you have a Facebook page either for personal use, business, or possibly both. Currently there are 1.59 active users on the social media site. In my opinion Facebook is the social media site you need to be on. In order to increase your online presence using Facebook here are some recommendations that have worked for me:
1. Get “likes” for your page. One of the most effective ways to do this is by running an ad for your page. For as little as $10 you can get your page in front of an audience you design in hopes that they will “like” it.
2. Be sure you are going to have good content to share on your Facebook page. For example you want to have enough content to post at least once a day that will engage your audience. You also want to be sure you have a good headline, photo, and short description. If you need help getting this content ready a social media agency can help you.
3. Take an hour a week to plan what posts you will be posting. You are able to schedule directly on Facebook. This will ensure that you are posting consistently. Once again, a social media agency is a great resource is you do not have the time to commit.
1. For Twitter, as with many social media platforms, the more followers you have the better. To gain followers you can start by mentioning that you have a Twitter page on other social media platforms. Another great way to gain followers is to do your research and find Twitter accounts of people or businesses that are similar to your and ta them in a tweet. This way their followers may see you in the tweet and be inclined to follow you.
2. You will want to tweet numerous times a day, much more than you will post on Facebook. Best practice for tweeting is about one tweet every two hours, or about six tweets during the day. Of course you can increase the number of tweets as you see fit. It is important to remember that tweets have a very short lifespan so the more times you can be active on twitter the better.
Along with Facebook and Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snap Chat are just a few other popular social media platforms that are popular.